E-Publishing is here to stay. We're here to provide answers to all your E-Publishing questions. We're using real numbers, real data, and real examples from our experiences. Sit down, settle in, and breathe in the future. WG2E (The … [More About WG2E]
The WG2E Featured Posts of the week
Writers! Are you stuck in the duh zone? Have no idea what comes next or who does what to whom? You are not alone. Every writer—almost no exceptions—has faced the dreaded block so I asked some multi published, best selling authors to confide their block-breaking strategies. Prepare yourself for something outlandish, for jazzing up the unconscious [...]
As a writer, I spend many hours alone with my laptop and I like it that way. So, when I was first asked to join a group of authors to help promote and market one another, I had to think about it before I jumped in. With all the constant changes in the publishing industry, [...]
Did your character just climb up a ladder or cross over a river? Eat a whole apple or set down her coffee mug on the table? Then it’s likely you’re bogging down your prose with unnecessary directional descriptions. I know I sure do. Unnecessary words (often directional words) can really clog up what could be [...]
A few weekends ago, my husband and I attended an event featuring the bestselling financial guru, Suze Orman. My husband’s employer Gulfstream Aerospace in Savannah Georgia sponsored the community outreach program. The day of the event, we headed out early in the morning over the Savannah River to the Westin. Hundreds waited in line for [...]
Happy Tuesday, everyone! Recently, I had a baby. While the arrival of my son has had many positive consequences, one thing occurred which I didn’t anticipate: I’ve become a Google fiend (even more of one!). Desperate to find answers to the obscurest little thing — like ‘what’s that tiny bump in his chest’ (duh, ribs!) [...]
Happy Monday, WG2E-Land! Here’s a short and sweet and very cheap promotion tip… Take Your Promo on The Road!!! What do I mean by that? As of this past Tuesday, here’s the back of my Jeep: And here’s the side of my RV: ***I’ve put this on both sides of the RV as well as [...]
What is your favorite way to interact online with your readers? And how do you know what readers prefer? Do you join in conversations on Goodreads? Or Google +? Yahoo groups? Some authors swear by newsletters. Others say their readers don’t like them. I’ve noticed those who visit my website will more often leave a [...]
Read Past WG2E Content
- Award-Winning Author Kristie Cook on The London Book Fair
- The Business of Self-Publishing: Gut Checks – New Data Equals New Strategies
- Creating an Ebook Cover that Fits Your Author Brand and Genre
- The Business of Self-Publishing: A Day in The Life of a Self-Published Author
- Dealing with Negativity: The Myth of Thick Skin
- Em Petrova talks The Killion Group and Author Promotional Services
- WG2E Member Highlights: Let’s Get to Know Linn B. Halton
- Unpublish or perish?
- Facebook’s EdgeRank and Fan Engagement
- Goodreads, Facebook and Twitter: Share What You Read, Rate and Add
- Amazon and Keywords: How to Choose Keywords that Work
- Hybrid Authors: The Best of Both Worlds or an Uneasy Balance?
- Jason Merkoski “On the Future of Books…”
- WG2E Member Highlights: Let’s Get to Know Giselle Green
- Author Newsletters: Everything You Need to Know and Then Some
- Authors: Do you want to Mass Market or Personally Market Ebooks or Both?
- Changes to The WG2E’s Sister Site – The RG2E (The Reader’s Guide to Epublishing)
- Arranging a Bouquet – of Books!
- I Quit!
- Jason Merkoski’s Burning The Page – A Must-Read Book for Authors