Each November, I create my Indie Epublishing Strategic Plan and Production Schedule for the Coming Year.
Doing so requires that I conduct a Strategic Assessment of my Indie Epublishing Empire. In other words, in order to make Strategic Decisions for my Empire’s future, I’ve got to know where my previous plans have taken me…or not taken me. What’s worked? And what hasn’t worked?
I thought it might be helpful if I did a Series on what that process involves in D. D. Scott-ville. Today, I’ll outline the areas I examine. Between now and the new year, I’ll do a full post on each issue.
So, here we go…
1. Is my Indie Epublishing Goal still the same?
2. What Strategies have Advanced that Goal and Which Ones Have Not?
3. What Products/Ebooks/Projects have Made Money and Which Ones Have Lost Money?
4. Which Partnerships have Worked and Which Haven’t? Are there New Partnerships I’d Like to Explore?
5. How Many Products/Ebooks did I Produce this Year? Was that a Comfortable Pace for me? How Many would I like to Produce in the Coming Year? (i.e. Production Schedule)
6. Which Series will I Continue to Write? Are there Any Series I Won’t Continue? How ’bout New Series?
7. Has My D. D. Scott-ville Production Team (Cover Designers, Editor, Format Gurus) continued to work well for me in Producing High-Quality Ebooks/Products?
8. Real Sales Numbers Analysis and Financial Review
9. What Major Milestones have I Hit? What will My New Milestones be?
10. How did My Indie Epublishing Buzzword(s) work for me this year? What is/are My Indie Epublishing Buzzword(s) for the New Year?
11. Which Social Media Platforms are really Working for Me? Which aren’t? And which ones would I like to Add to My Reaching Readers Arsenal?
12. What are my Readers and Fans saying about my 2012 Releases? What do they like? What don’t they like?
13. What can I do to Continue to Create a D. D. Scott-ville Multi-Media Empire (examples: Audio Books, a D. D. Scott App, Blog Talk Radio Show, Hollywood Deals) all centered on my D. D. Scott-ville Brand
14. Am I Happy? Am I still Enjoying My Indie Epublishing Journey?
15. Which Indie Epublishing Platforms (i.e. KDP, Pubit, Kobo, Apple, Smashwords, etc) am I Seeing Growth On and Which Seem to be Declining?
16. What will My Price Points Philosophy be for The New Year? Will I Continue my First One is On Me Strategy? Will I Stick with 99 Cents or Move Up? (Is my goal More Readers or More Money?)
17. What will I do to Continue to Stand-Out as The Purple Cow on The Yellow Brick Road to Publishing Oz?
18. Is my Target Audience the Same? Or, Has It Changed?
Okay, WG2E-Land Peeps: What are your thoughts on my Strategic Plan’s Questions, Concepts, and Issues? What would you add to my list? Which of these topics are on on your own lists to explore?
The Best of Indie Epublishing Strategic Planning Wishes — D. D. Scott
D. D. Scott is an Amazon and Barnes and Noble Top 100 Bestselling Romantic Comedy and Humorous Mystery Author. She’s also a Writer’s Go-To-Gal for Muse Therapy and Indie Epublishing, the Co-Founder of The WG2E- The Writer’s Guide to E-Publishing, and the Founder of The RG2E – The Reader’s Guide to E-publishing. You can get all the scoop on her, her books, her Online Classes and Live Workshops, plus juicy tidbits too from her new cyber home…D. D. Scott-ville.