***Update: After I wrote the post below (Tuesday morning), ENT (Ereader News Today) picked up on my Select FREE Promo (Tuesday afternoon around 1 PM) and included the offer in their daily email as well as on their site! I might just hit my 5,000 downloads goal after all!!! I’ll continue to update this post so y’all can see the difference it makes once a big-time blog picks you up…WooHooo!!! What does ENT mean in real numbers? Try 300+ downloads per hour!!! Stay-tuned for another update coming soon…
(By Tuesday 5 PM Central Time = 800 downloads per hour; now ranked #272 overall)
(By Tuesday 8 PM Central Time = 2100 copies downloaded in the last 6 hours alone; now ranked #143 overall)
(By Wednesday 12:30 AM Central Time = 3100 copies downloaded in the last 10 hours alone; now ranked #68 overall)
(By Wednesday at Noon = almost 6000 copies downloaded, 4500 in the last 24-hours alone; now ranked between #49 and #54 overall)
Wavin’ atchya, WG2E-Land! Happy Hump Day!!!
Today is the last day of my first KDP Select FREE Run, and so far, so good.
First, be sure to treat yourself to PRACTICAL MISCHIEF (Belle Bishop, Queen of Witches, Book 1) – Think The Good Witch meets The Three Stooges and Tinker Hell.
(FREE till midnight tonight)
Now then, here are the real numbers and scoop for my first KDP Select FREE Promo Experience:
1. As of last night, I’ve had around 2000 downloads (across all countries) in four days. The breakdown is as follows: Amazon US – 1,780 , UK – 150, De – 7, Fr – 1, Es – 2, Jp – 1, and Ca- 10
2. I’ve been as high as #301 in Amazon’s FREE “Bestsellers” and in the Top 10 for both the Occult and the Paranormal and Urban Fantasy Categories. And in the Top 100 for the Witches and Wizards Category.
3. Still waiting to see movement in the Popularity Lists, but that can take several days (or not happen at all).
4. Looking forward to seeing what the Bounceback looks like in sales once it goes back to its regular price of $2.99 tomorrow. My gut tells me the Borrows could soar then and perhaps the Buys too because of the increased visibility, especially if it starts to rise on the Popularity Lists.
5. I did use EBookBooster to announce the FREE period as well as my normal social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, blogs and grogs. Tried for BookBub but got rejected. Also submitted to Pixel of Ink and ENT for their FREE Ebook shout-outs.
6. Ran this Promo Period from a Saturday through a Wednesday (1st of the month through the 5th)…looking forward in future Free Pulses to seeing how different days of the week and different times of the month affect the results.
7. Entered into this FREE Period with 7 reviews (with a 4-Star average: 4-5 Star, 1-4 Star, and 2-2 Star)
Overall, it’s definitely nothing to shout about from the rooftops. That said, I think I’m spoiled from my experiences two years ago when I started my First One is On Me (Perma Free) approach, hit #1 on Amazon’s FREE “Bestseller” List and stayed there for a couple of weeks, which has resulted in going on 200,000 downloads and still gets me 5,000 downloads per month across all platforms.
I was hoping for around 5,000 downloads from this first Select Run, but without any help from a huge blog like BookBub, I’ll take the 2,000+ downloads. After all, that’s 2000+ additional readers!!! And again…I really can’t determine the overall effectiveness of this tool until I see what the Bounceback numbers look like in the coming weeks.
We’d love to hear about your KDP Select FREE Period Experiences…please share…
The Best of Free Pulsing Wishes — D. D. Scott
D. D. Scott is an Amazon and Barnes and Noble Top 100 Bestselling Author and a four-time Amazon Movers and Shakers List Author. She’s also a Writer’s Go-To-Gal for Muse Therapy and Indie Epublishing, the Co-Founder of The WG2E- The Writer’s Guide to E-Publishing, and the Founder of The RG2E – The Reader’s Guide to E-publishing. You can get all the scoop on her, her books, her Online Classes and Live Workshops, plus juicy tidbits too from her new cyber home…D. D. Scott-ville.