Happy Tuesday, everyone!
With Hallowe’en behind us and American Thanksgiving (not to mention Christmas!) looming ever nearer, I thought it the ideal time to revisit how to get your books ready to party for the upcoming holiday season.
So, have you:
- Decided on any special holiday prices on any of your novels to hook in readers?
- Made sure you’ve tagged your listings with ‘Kindle’, ‘Kindle book’, ‘Cheap Kindle book’, and any other relevant tag to help all those new readers find you?
- Completed your Amazon Author Central profile, making certain all your books are listed — not just on .com, but also on other Amazon domains (your profile is not automatically filtered through all sites)?
- Ensured your book blurb will grab readers, has no typos, includes praise to entice readers to buy?
- Included positive reviews and praise in the front matter of your book, so that when people download the sample, they receive positive reinforcement?
- Included links in your book to other novels you’ve written?
- Included links in your book to review sites, such as Goodreads, Library thing or your Amazon listing, so that when readers have finished, they’ll be encouraged to visit those sites and leave reviews?
- Updated your blog/ website with anything relevant to the holidays and your novel, to help new readers find you and stay in the holiday spirit?
- Pre-scheduled around-the-clock tweets with links to your novel and fun holiday content to hit all time zones, using hashtags like #Kindle and #Amazon?
- Posted about your novel on forums like Kindleboards, UK KU Forum, etc?
- Made your book available on multiple platforms, such as Smashwords, Kobo and Barnes & Noble?
- Scheduled any KDP Select promotions if you’re enrolled in the program?
- Considered special holiday edition boxed sets or book bundles (DeeDee did this last year, and it worked a treat)?
So much to do, so little time!
How do you ensure your books are ready for the holidays?