Happy Thursday, WG2E-Land!
Two days ago, I was a Guest Speaker for the Indiana Library Federation District Conference at Valparaiso University (gorgeous campus, btw), and WOW did we move mountains!!!
In a nutshell, I learned that…
Public Libraries would luuuvvv to add Indie Epubbed Books to their Catalogs
At this time…
They have No Place to Purchase Them…for Great Prices and in the E-pub Format They Need!!!
I’m over the moon to announce that Public Libraries WILL NOT have this problem for long!!!
After a wonderful brainstorming session with them on Tuesday, with more meetings-of-the-minds to come…
The WG2E and The RG2E are Gonna Rock Public Library Readerships with a Revolutionary Partnership!!!
Here’s a little Sneak Peek at what we’re now in the process of creating…
We’re developing on Online Store via which Public Libraries can Purchase Indie Epub Books across all genres!!!
And yep…that means every one of you here at The WG2E will have the opportunity to have your superfab Indie Epubbed Books distributed (if they’re Free Ebooks) and/or sold to libraries via our Store!!!
Yes, Libraries can buy from sites like OverDrive and 3M Cloud Library…and that’s what they’re now doing.
They can’t get Indie Ebooks from there…and they’re telling me they’re not using Smashwords nor Baker & Taylor as sources either. Not sure why…
WHAT PUBLIC LIBRARIES WANT AND NEED IS ONE SITE FROM WHICH THEY CAN PURCHASE ALL-GENRES OF INDIE EPUB BOOKS!!!
SO THAT’S WHAT THE WG2E AND RG2E WILL BE DEVELOPING!!!
That way, they don’t have to continue paying $7.99 to $22.95 for Ebooks…they are infuriated by that!!!
Seriously…can you believe, in some cases, they’re paying $22.95 for an Ebook?!
But they simply have no other resource to use, without the complicated muddy water issues of credits, returns and limited use licenses the other sites cause them because of their heavy emphasis on TradiPubbed Ebooks.
Now then…Public Libraries do need to each determine better systems for delivery of Ebooks to their patrons, and they’re all working on that at a feverish pace…whether they go to a Subscription Service or continue with totally Free is still being discussed.
The key issue is…
Public Libraries have NEVER NOT wanted to carry Indie Epubbed Books (contrary to what Big Six Industry Peeps tell us)…
They simply still don’t have a one-stop shop in which to get ‘em!!!
They can’t deal with thousands of us individually.
They can’t read all of our blogs individually and order from each of us from each of our own stores.
If we gave ‘em one superfab fun, all-in-one, shop, they’d buy bunches!
Can you imagine how many Ebooks they could buy at our Indie Prices to equal just one they’re now buying at $22.95?!
I wish y’all could have seen their faces when I said our Indie Epubbed Books mostly fell in a range from FREE to $2.99!!! LOL!
So here we go, WG2E-Land…our next Sales Avenue is here!!!
Here’s what I’m thinking now, and of course, I’d luuuvvv y’all’s input:
1. The WG2E and RG2E Online Store would feature all-genres of Ebooks
2. We’d offer a royalty rate of approximately 70% (and that could go up even further…depends on how much this will cost me and my team to create, run and constantly upgrade this new business). And that rate would not be dependent on your pricing point. All books would get the same royalty percentage. But, we would cap the price at $4.99 for a single title and $7.99 for a Boxed Set.
3. We’re not Publishers, we’re simply an Online Ebook Distributor of Indie Epub Books
4. Libraries would then buy directly from our store.
5. We’d pay-out royalties using the same systems KDP and PubIt do…monthly (two months in arrears…so what you receive in April would be from February sales)
6. We’d distribute in E-pub and Mobi formats
7. You’d simply send us your Cover, Descriptions, Pricing Info and Files (just like you would to KDP and PubIt) and we’d upload ‘em to the store.
8. Of course we’ll have all the legal agreements you’d sign-off on just like at KDP and PubIt.
9. And you could ask for your Ebooks to be taken out of the program at any time.
10. You would also maintain all rights to your work. Again…we’re just acting as a one-stop distributor so Public Libraries can find all of us and buy us very easily.
Public Libraries WANT TO BUY OUR INDIE EPUBBED BOOKS…BUT THEY NEED ONE CENTRALIZED PLACE TO DO SO…WE’VE GOTTA FILL THAT VOID!!!
It’s Your Turn, WG2E-Land: Brainstorm with us and our Public Library Partners…how do you see this kind of arrangement working? What problems do you think could occur? What are the benefits you envision from this kind of partnership?
The Best of The WG2E and RG2E Public Library Partnership Wishes — D. D. Scott
P.S. We’d run the store from our RG2E Site because that’s where all our Readers are now hangin’, and the Libraries would then have access to our EOTD (Ebooks of The Day). We’d actually Ebook Gift the Libraries too!!! Plus, they’d be able to send their patrons to our site for their own Ebook Gifts and superfab fun content too! We’ll also be starting an Ereader Giveaway Program for each of the Libraries buying from our store! So their patrons will have a chance to win an Ereader each month too!