Happy Monday, All!
If me and Humpty Dumpty could jump over the moon with that amazing cow, we sooo would be!!!
The results of my 99 Cent Price Point Experiment – now known as The Victorine Method according to the KindleBoard dedicated to it – are in! And what a super-success story it is!!!
Here’s the scoop:
February 17, 2011, I dropped the price of Book One in my Bootscootin’ Books Series – BOOTSCOOTIN’ BLAHNIKS - from $2.99 to 99 Cents.
Since then (in just ten days), I’ve sold 100 books!!!
Take a look at some of my sales statistics:
1. Within 1 hour of the 99 Cent price being live on Kindle, I’d doubled my BOOTSCOOTIN’ sales (as compared to the first 17 days of February) from 6 books sold to 12 books sold.
2. Within 8 hours, we’d tripled sales.
3. We’ve now gone from December monthly sales of 27 books (i.e. less than 1 book sold/day) to a January record (thanks to my Kindle Nation Daily Push) of 108 books sold (3 books sold/day) to a new high in February of 10 books sold/day since the 99 Cent price took effect 2/17/10.
4. Our sales rank for BOOTSCOOTIN’ hit a new high of 4,031…coming from a rank of 33, 203.
5. Big surprise here too…sales of all our Bootscootin’ Books have dramatically increased, not just the 99 Cent book! I’m finding that not only are readers buying the 99 Cent book, they’re buying the entire series!
6. My “customers who bought…also bought” section on my Bootscootin’ page now has 34 screens with a ton of fabulous 99 Cent books sold with mine, including many in the top 1000 and top 100 ranked books.
I’m attributing my Victorine Method success to a few things besides the price drop as well…for example:
a. I’ve really hit the KindleBoards hard, and have met sooo many new and fabulous readers that way.
b. I told you Saturday about my Amazon Kindle Facebook Fan Page Butt-Chewing to Gold Mine experience.
c. I’ve continued to Facebook and Tweet about all my 99 Cent Adventures and really promoted other fabulous authors I know who are in the middle of their own Victorine Method Experiments – like the wonderful Bob Mayer, the always out-there and amazing J. A. Konrath, my 99 Cent Go-To Queen Victorine Lieske, and new to the Indie Epub experience international bestseller Barry Eisler (who just entered the ring with his first Indie Epubbed title at $2.99 but was sooo worth the cyber boosting promo partnership).
d. I also used this too-terrific sales pitch with all my postings about the price drop…I told my readers how thrilled I was to be able to introduce them to my Bootscootin’ Books Series for less than a trip to the dollar store. Then, I let them know how tickled I am to then be able to treat them to the entire series for less than the cost of one paperback book at a brick-and-mortar store.
So yeah, wow has The Victorine Method sooo worked for my Bootscootin’ Books!!! I’ve increased my sales by something like 560%…no typo there… a five hundred sixty percent sales increase since the night the 99 Cent Price went live on Kindle (2/17/10) thru my writing this post the evening of 2/27/10.
And for that reason, and because I just luuuvvv all the new readers and fans I’m getting to know thanks to this new 99 Cent Price Point, I’m going to offer Book One in my new Cozy “Cash” Mysteries – THUG GUARD – for 99 Cents when it releases this coming May!!!
Let me know all your Victorine Method Questions, and I’ll see if I can answer them or point you in the right direction…
The Best of The WG2E Wishes — D. D. Scott
P.S. Oh, and yes, my royalty is only 35% at the 99 Cent Price versus 70% at the $2.99 Price…but the key with the price drop is that your volume can sooo outweigh the at first glance what appears to be a loss in royalty. In other words, I’ve more than made up in volume what I would have made selling at the higher royalty percentage. Because why? I simply wasn’t selling the volume at the higher $2.99 Ebook price.